Sunday, June 28, 2009

1 Week Til Takeoff

What is this, then?

Well, you know that American Idol holds auditions in the summer, correct? They only show them in the winter.

Well, a week from today, I will be boarding an airplane to go to the location of one of the auditions: Orlando, FL.

Why Orlando? Well, my godparents live there for starters. I get a free place to stay, and my godfather's giving me a ride back home.
I also get to spend a day or two in Disney World. For free.

You see, my godparents are retired Disney employees. They can get 3 free passes to Disney per day. I'm probably only going to get to go to one, but that's fine. My favorite park is MGM Studios (oh, fine - DISNEY HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS), so I'll probably pick that one. It has all of the stunt shows, as well as my favorite Disney ride, The Tower of Terror (aka. My wedding chapel).

Anyway, back to Idol.
Registration will be July 7 & 8, auditions will be on July 9.
I have 3 songs prepared. My main one is going to be "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac. My backup songs are "Tell Him" by Vonda Shepard and "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper.

Keep your eyes peeled - and if I make it, be sure to vote for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment